Time for your very first open water dives! This is what you've been training for - Let's start the adventure!
Once you have completed your confined water dives and your knowledge development sections, you are ready to schedule your Open Water Check-out Dives. What you need to do:
1. Based on your requirements and preferences you will be assigned to one of our planned training locations.
2. Gear up. You will need to bring your own scuba diving rated mask, fins, snorkel, and boots (ask about our Starter Gear Package to save $$$).
3. As you are very nearly a certified diver, it is time to start practicing all the skills that go into setting up a dive site. This includes transporting your gear to and from the dive site.
4. Log your dives! Bring your log books or register free on the PADI App/Scuba Earth and log your dives on your phone or tablet.
5. Depending on your dive location, ask about and plan for lodging, camping, snacks and water.
6. Have fun! You are about to explore the underwater world!
During the Open Water Dives you will demonstrate all the skills that you already learned in Confined Water...but with fish, wrecks, etc. You will practice your Buddy Skills and culminate in a dive that you plan and execute yourself! ...under the watchful eye of your instructor, of course.
The final phase of your Open water training, this is were it all comes together. We look forward to sharing this accomplishment with you!